Kerbal Space Program 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed space flight simulation game Kerbal Space Program from Star Theory and Private Division.
The original Kerbal Space Program is one of the most beloved games of all time and, years after its release, it’s bigger than ever before. Its sequel, Kerbal Space Program 2, has been fully redesigned from the ground up to meet the demands of modern and next-generation space exploration, all while maintaining the monumental foundations of the first game. Build a space program, construct powerful spacecraft, establish colonies, and take on many other challenges to explore new cosmic mysteries. A plethora of exciting new features will captivate veteran and returning players, as well as usher in a whole new wave of Kerbonauts to the ingenious and comedic world that has entertained millions.
Official Kerbal Space Program 2 Cinematic Announce Trailer
Kerbal Space Program 2 Developer Story Trailer
Get more info on everything KSP 2 here:
Don’t miss another KSP launch!
Follow Star Theory Games for more updates from their team.
Follow Private Division for more updates and learn more about our other games
A note on Kerbal Space Program 2 from Squad
Read the note from Squad here.
Follow Squad for more updates from their team.
For more information on Kerbal Space Program 2 please visit our website here
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Kerbal Space Program 2 Release Related Questions
Q: Where will Kerbal Space Program 2 be available?
A: Kerbal Space Program 2 will be available on PC and Console (Xbox One, PS4) in 2020.
Q: Will it be released on all digital distribution store platforms?
A: Kerbal Space Program 2 will be released on Steam and other digital storefronts, as well as Xbox Games Store and PlayStation Store.
Q: How much will Kerbal Space Program 2 cost?
A: $59.99 USD
Q: When will the game be released on Console?
A: Kerbal Space Program 2 will be released for Console after the PC release, which is in 2020.
Q: Why is the game coming to consoles after PC?
A: We would like to take additional time to make sure the console version feels great for players on all platforms. Instead of holding back our launch for PC fans we plan to release separately.
Kerbal Space Program 2 Game Related Questions
Q: What features can we expect?
A: Star Theory Games have added several brand-new features to Kerbal Space Program 2. A plethora of exciting new features will captivate veteran and returning players, as well as usher in a whole new generation of Kerbonauts to this ingenious and comedic world that has entertained millions.
● Improved On-boarding: Kerbal Space Program 2 will create a whole new generation of spaceflight experts who will find themselves accidentally learning rocket science. New animated tutorials, improved UI, and fully revamped assembly and flight interfaces allow both experienced and novice players to quickly put their creativity to the test without sacrificing any of the challenge from the original game.
● Next-Generation Technology: In Kerbal Space Program 2, the astoundingly inventive creations that KSP is known for will be taken to a whole new level. Players will be delighted and challenged by next-generation engines, parts, fuel, and much more. This new tech will enable new feats of space exploration within and beyond the original Kerbolar System.
● Colonies: Players can now build colonies in Kerbal Space Program 2. These colonies not only pose their own physics challenges to build, but also require players gather resources to build structures, space stations, habitations, and generate unique fuel types. Eventually, these colonies become advanced enough for vehicle construction, propelling deep space and beyond.
● Interstellar Travel: Next-gen tech, colonies, and resource collection work together to enable a new kind of exploration: interstellar travel. In Kerbal Space Program 2, these interstellar technologies pave the way to a host of new celestial bodies, each comprising new challenges and harboring new secret treasures.
● Multiplayer/Modding: An all-new architecture underlies Kerbal Space Program 2, enabling increased moddability and the long-awaited arrival of multiplayer. We look forward to revealing more about the ways you’ll share your Kerbal journey with friends at a later time.
Q: Will mods be as supported in KSP2
A: Kerbal Space Program 2 has undergone a deep structural overhaul that has enabled us to give modders unprecedented access to systems they could not touch in the original KSP. We can’t wait to reveal more details about mod support at a later time.
Q: What engine will KSP2 run on?
A: Kerbal Space Program 2 is developed using Unity.
Q: Will I be able to transfer my saves/account to KSP2? (backwards compatibility)
A: Saves from Kerbal Space Program 1 will not be compatible with Kerbal Space Program 2.
Q: Will existing mods will be supported?
A: Existing Mods will not be compatible on Kerbal Space Program 2.
Q: What can we expect from the expanded universe in Kerbal Space Program 2?
A: Kerbal Space Program 2 allows players to explore beyond the Kerbolar system for the first time into new and uncharted territories. Interstellar technologies pave the way to a host of new celestial bodies, each comprising new challenges and harboring new secrets. Among them: Ovin, a ringed super-Earth with relentless gravity; Rask and Rusk, a binary pair locked in a dance of death; and many more to reward exploration.
Q: What type of physics can players expect? Advanced, realistic, etc?
A: Realistic vehicle physics and orbital mechanics continue to be at the center of the Kerbal experience. We’ve focused on optimizing vehicle physics to allow for the smooth simulation of larger structures on a wider variety of PCs.
Development Team Related Questions
Q: What will happen to Squad?
A: Squad will continue supporting the current game, so you can expect new content and updates being released for Kerbal Space Program 1. Some members of the team will be assisting Star Theory in various capacities to make the best possible sequel.
Q: How can I learn more about Star Theory Games?
A: The Star Theory Games team are designing a sequel we believe the entire Kerbal Space Program community will thoroughly enjoy. If you’re curious about what went into creating Kerbal Space Program 2 dive into the Developer Story video.
Q: How do we know if Star Theory Games has the capability of developing a worthy successor to our favorite game?
A: The team behind Star Theory Games are skilled video game developers as well as lifelong fans of Kerbal Space Program, with multiple members of having played 2000+ hours of the original KSP. The principal engineer even has a background in the aerospace industry. Their skill set in combination with a deep understanding of what makes this game great has led to the creation of an amazing sequel we know you’ll love to challenge yourself with! If you’d like to learn more about the amazing team behind Kerbal Space Program 2 be sure to watch the Developer Story video.